COLLABORATIVE PROGRAMS WITH ALAGAPPA UNIVERSITY
- Alagappa University Accredited with”A+”; Grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) is located at Karaikudi in Tamil Nadu. Founded by the great philanthropist and educationist Dr. RM. Alagappa Chettiar.
- Alagappa University was brought into existence by a Special Act of the Government of Tamil
Nadu in May 1985 with the objective of fostering research, development and dissemination of
knowledge in various branches of learning. Alagappa University is recognized by the University
Grants Commission (UGC) of India.
- The concept of Collaborative Programmed was emerged into existence in Alagappa University
during the year 2001-02. This unique, a socially relevant Collaborative Programmed was
generated by introducing need based skill oriented specialized courses through the institutions
having adequate physical and academic resources.
- The essential, quality oriented readiness of physical and academic facilities available in the institutions are assessed by a team of experts and on fulfillment of University requirements, institutions have been recognized to offer non-conventional, job-oriented courses catering to the need of the community.
- In accordance with the specializations and in terms of infrastructure, accommodation, student
support service, faculty expertise, institutional tie up with industries for practical exposures, the
following courses are offered through Collaborative Program.
> Three Year Bsc in Catering & Hotel Administration
> Three Year Diploma in Catering & Hotel Administration
Certificate Courses (One Year)
> Craft Course in Food and Beverage Service
> Craft Course in Food production
>Craft Course in Front Office Operation
>Craft Course in Housekeeping